The mirrorless camera portrait lens F1.2 Battle has begun! Panasonic Nocticron 42.5 vs Fujifilm 56mm.
The main actors are: Panasonic Nocticron 42,5mm vs Fujinon 56mm. Both of these camera have an effective focal length of 85mm (if we consider the crop factor). I believe both of these lens will deliver great images for both Fuji and m4/3 users (Olympus and Panasonic). But what makes them special?
- The Panasonic has Power O.I.S stabilisation VS. Fujifilm has no image stabilisation.
We must not forget that no Fuji mirrorless camera has in body image stabilisation and this may be a problem for some users who want to lower the iso sensitivity in low light. On the other hand in m4/3 world only Panasonic bodies have no image stabilisation. Olympus on OM-D E-M1 and E-M5 has a great 5 axis image stabilisation.
- Panasonic has 14 elements in 11 groups VS. Fuji has 11 elements in 8 groups.
- Panasonic has one ED (Extra-low Dispersion) VS. Fuji has two ED
- Panasonic has 9 blades VS. Fuji has 7 blades
Both have special Coating and other aberration and correction elements for the perfect picture.
- Both lens incorporate silent, superior and fast inner focus system
- Panasonic costs 1600 VS. Fujifilm that costs 1000$
So, in the end who wins?
It is up to you to decide.